Ticketer is the UK’s largest ETM supplier outside London, with ticketing machines on buses across the UK, from Cornwall to the Shetland Islands. And it’s not just buses. In fact, there are Ticketer software and devices on every form of public transport, including trams, trains, hovercrafts, aircrafts and horse trams. Yes, horse trams.
Whatever the size of fleet, whatever the form of public transport, we’re by the side of operators, keeping their businesses moving forward through our innovative public transportation technology.
Our mission is to make public transport personal. Because, for operators, and passengers, it is. It’s getting someone to work without stress, or home in time for tea, and making it so easy they’ll always use public transport. We’d love you to get on board.
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate DevOps/Systems Engineer to join our core development team in the London office. You’ll play a central role in our scaling and stability as we continue to expand our extensive, high volume, critical technology and cutting-edge services. You’ll tackle some interesting and demanding issues whilst also responding to urgencies when required, and generally taking of system issues and enhancements. We pride ourselves of having a low bureaucracy, hands on, collaborative and pragmatic culture.
We’ve built some amazing systems, now we need you to help us take it to the next level.
The role will include:
- server/system/network administration, provisioning etc.
- system design
- scripting / automation
- DR planning
- basic database admin
- system monitoring / pro-active investigations
- general ad-hoc IT tasks/changes
- VSTS/Office365/similar admin
- being on call for system outages, triaging as necessary
- researching and prototyping technologies/tools
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a tech head. Super comfortable with technology, and web systems.
- Has solid experience in Windows servers admin, and at least basic Linux skills
- Has some SQL server administration skills
- Has solid Powershell experience
- Has a good understanding of networks, http
- Has at least some experience with Azure
- Understands CI/CD pipelines
- Has over 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Is ready for high levels of responsibility
- A strong understanding of security
- Is trustworthy, helpful, dependable, proactive and smart
- Excellent communication skills
- Loves to learn
- High volume data processing
- Extensive Azure experience, other clouds
- Kubernetes, containers
- High availability, blue-green deployments
- VSTS experience
Ticketer offers a flexible working environment, competitive salary, pension scheme, private health insurance, Summer Fridays, birthdays off, 23 days holiday per year, and other great benefits!
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.