It all started in 2009, when John, our CEO, found that operators weren’t head over heels about their ticketing machines. John believed it was time to revolutionise ticketing, to use cloud technology to make things simple for the operator.
Now Ticketer is the UK’s largest ETM supplier outside London, with ticketing machines on buses across the UK, from Cornwall to the Shetland Islands. And it’s not just buses. In fact, there are Ticketer software and devices on every form of public transport, including trams, trains, hovercrafts, aircrafts and horse trams. Yes, horse trams.
Whatever the size of fleet, whatever the form of public transport, we’re by the side of operators, keeping their businesses moving forward through our innovative public transportation technology.
Our mission is to make public transport personal. Because, for operators, and passengers, it is. It’s getting someone to work without stress, or home in time for tea, and making it so easy they’ll always use public transport. We’d love you to get on board.
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate developer to join our core development team in our London office to play a central role as we continue to expand our services. You’ll need to tackle some of the most interesting and demanding engineering problems of modern software development as you design and build highly resilient systems that can efficiently handle high volumes of data. If you’re a self-starter who loves a challenge, someone who’s driven to build best in class services, and are looking to make an serious impact, then we’ve got the perfect role for you! We pride ourselves of having a low bureaucracy, hands on, collaborative and pragmatic culture.
The role will encompass (but not be limited to):
- Front-end: design, develop and support feature rich, modern, customer facing ASP.net MVC and .net core web applications.
- Back-end: engineer scalable back-end architectures and communications protocols to support our mobile device systems. This includes message processing, external HTTP data interfaces, APIs, e-commerce, and other services
- Ad-hoc system administration and devops development tasks as necessary.
We are looking for someone with the required experience:
- NET MVC
- Restful API Design and Development (Web API)
- .NET Core
- Unit testing
- SQL Server
- Agile development
- At least 8 years of commercial software development
- High volume data processing
- Implementing resilient systems (DR planning)
- Extensive Azure experience, e.g. Service Bus, Storage, Active Directory, KeyVault
- Architectural patterns
- Transport industry knowledge
Ticketer offers a flexible working environment, competitive salary, pension scheme, private health insurance, Summer Fridays, birthdays off, 23 days holiday per year, and other great benefits!
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.