Ticketer is looking to expand its Operations team by appointing Sub Contract Planner/Buyer who will be responsible for the planning and coordination of our manufacturing processes with our manufacturing partners in the UK and offshore; ensuring our products are manufactured efficiently, in the correct volumes and at the right cost and quality. Playing a key role in helping keep pace with the rapid growth of the customer base and hardware solutions, the ideal candidate will be a positive, resourceful, innovative and energetic person who can make a real difference to the products and services provided.
The role will include:
- Managing the production process/build plan ensuring the production schedule meets the sales plans
- Providing input and output to/from monthly Sales & Operations review meetings
- Running and monitoring supplier KPI performances for manufacturing partners
- Preparing and leading monthly performance reviews with manufacturing partners in line with SLAs
- Raising long term strategic and short term Purchase Orders for all incoming requirements throughout the business (Blanket call off orders, NPI & Engineering requirements, RMAs, Courier)
o Scheduling and expediting Purchase Orders to ensure on time delivery
o Checking invoices to match Purchase order deliveries for Authorization
o Negotiating price
- Ensuring all quality related issues related to production are escalated to Quality manager
- Ensuring necessary procedures and documentation are in place to allow tracking of stock through the supply chain from supplier to customer
- Stock control and planning, enabling accurate records that reflect stock movement through all parts of the business
- In coordination with colleagues, ensuring after sales support and Field Service Engineers have the necessary level of product spares and parts to allow effective onsite repairs
- Building strong relationships with different teams/departments, e.g. suppliers, managers, support
- Supervising and motivating the production partners
- Frequent travel within the UK will be required
- Any other reasonable task as required by the business
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience in the production of electronic products
- Experience using ERP/MRP systems (NAV/MS Dynamics preferred)
- A degree or HND in a related subject area is beneficial however not essential
- CIPS qualified or relevant experience
- Experience in writing and implementing formal Service Level Agreements and Commercial contracts
- Experience with raising purchase orders and matching invoices for purchase ledger
- Planning, prioritising, problem solving and organisational skills
- Strong negotiation skills for getting materials within budget and at the right time
- Is accurate in their work, with a high attention to detail
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Is quick to learn, positive, adaptable, proactive and energetic
- Is dynamic, self motivated with the ability to work with a degree of autonomy
- Is an accomplished user of the Microsoft Office suite especially Excel
- A full current driving license and use of a car (mileage allowance will be provided)
In addition to a fulfilling career with us, Ticketer will offer you:
A flexible working environment, competitive salary, pension scheme, private health insurance, Summer Fridays, birthdays off, 23 days holiday per year, and other great benefits!
Ticketer is the UK’s largest ETM supplier outside London, with ticketing machines on buses across the UK, from Cornwall to the Shetland Islands. And it’s not just buses. In fact, there are Ticketer software and devices on every form of public transport, including trams, trains, hovercrafts, aircrafts and horse trams. Yes, horse trams. Whatever the size of fleet, whatever the form of public transport, we’re by the side of operators, keeping their businesses moving forward through our innovative public transportation technology.
Our mission is to make public transport personal. Because, for operators, and passengers, it is. It’s getting someone to work without stress, or home in time for tea, and making it so easy they’ll always use public transport. We’d love you to get on board.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.