Ticketer are looking to expand its Operations team by appointing an Operations Technical Support Engineer who can provide an analytical approach to problem solving within our Operations support team. This role will suit an logical thinker and communicator with a technical background, who can effectively support our existing operations team and customers.
The role will require a period of work based out of our Cambridge office (Technical training) but will largely be based at our head office in Hungerford. A willingness to travel and be away from home for part of the working week during this initial phase is a prerequisite for this role.
The role will include:
- Providing Technical support to our sub-contract manufacturers during the RMA and manufacturing process via web based systems (FogBugz, DeskPro, Slack, MS Dynamics Navision)and direct contact
- Creating and providing test documentation/training for manufacturing partners
- Providing a professional technical support service to customers ensuring they are kept informed and updated on the status of any issues
- Training our Field Support Engineer on use of Company tools
- Creating and providing documentation for test tools
- Creating and providing service support documentation for Field Service Engineers
- General technical support for internal team and Field Service Engineers
- Creating guidance/help documentation for customers
- Performing daily administrative tasks using the various web based company tools
- Internal testing using Company tools
- Providing feedback to Development team with bugs/feature requests
- Triaging fault reports and assessing ongoing actions
- Some travel within the UK will be necessary
We are looking for someone who:
- Has proven experience using various test tools e.g. Oscilloscopes, test meters.
- Has a degree, HND/HNC or relevant experience in related subject area i.e. Electronics and/or Software Engineering
- Has experience in a fast paced electronics or Automotive environment in a service or test capacity
- Has experience with a technical product, and the ability to absorb new technologies and systems
- Has customer facing support experience including telephone support (desirable)
- Is quick to learn, positive, adaptable, innovative, and energetic
- Has excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Has the ability to maintain accuracy with a high level of attention to detail
- Is an accomplished user of the Microsoft Office suite
- Is motivated, and experienced in working in a team environment, and under their own initiative
- Has a full current driving license and use of a car (mileage allowance will be provided)
In addition to a fulfilling career with us, Ticketer will offer you:
A flexible working environment, competitive salary, pension scheme, private health insurance, Summer Fridays, birthdays off, 23 days holiday per year, and other great benefits!
Ticketer is the UK’s largest ETM supplier outside London, with ticketing machines on buses across the UK, from Cornwall to the Shetland Islands. And it’s not just buses. In fact, there are Ticketer software and devices on every form of public transport, including trams, trains, hovercrafts, aircrafts and horse trams. Yes, horse trams. Whatever the size of fleet, whatever the form of public transport, we’re by the side of operators, keeping their businesses moving forward through our innovative public transportation technology.
Our mission is to make public transport personal. Because, for operators, and passengers, it is. It’s getting someone to work without stress, or home in time for tea, and making it so easy they’ll always use public transport. We’d love you to get on board.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.